AASHTO respects our users’ right to privacy online. We hold your detailed user information in confidence.
1. Asking for your information: We will sometimes ask users’ for personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, occupation and other details. Providing us your information will help us offer improved products and services. When you choose to give personal information to us over the Internet that may request, we will endeavor to inform you how we will use the information.
When we ask for personal information for any reason, we will provide a link to this policy statement to make our intentions clear.
2. Personal Information Privacy: AASHTO will take appropriate steps to keep your personal information confidential. Those steps include limiting access to user information databases, communicating this policy statement to all AASHTO employees and contractors, and establishing and enforcing penalties for violating this statement.
When we contract with another company to market or advertise products or services for us, we will insist on binding agreements from those companies protecting our user information. We will vigorously enforce all privacy agreements we have with other companies.
We will communicate with users via e-mail or other online delivery devices only if the user agrees to receive those communications. Users, who believe they are receiving our communications in error or no longer desire to receive them, should inform us and we will remove those users’ names from our mailing lists.
3. Order Information Privacy and Credit Card Security: We currently use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to safeguard your information, including your credit card number, during online transactions. None of the people, who have made purchases through AASHTO web site using SSL, have reported to us fraudulent use of their credit card as a result of their online order. We believe SSL to be a very safe encryption method, but we are always looking for even more secure encryption methods to safeguard information sent online. Our server will run detection software to help ensure you are using a secure browser and your information is secure when you check out. If our browser determines you are not using a secure browser, a message will appear at checkout.
For your protection, never put your credit card number or other sensitive information in unencrypted e-mail. In the extremely unlikely event that we ever do suspect a user’s credit card number has been intercepted, we will immediately notify the user.
4. Cookies: AASHTO currently uses “cookies” on our site. Our cookies tag each visitor’s browser with a random, unique number. The cookie simply assigns a number and does not disclose any personal information about the person using the browser. These cookies are used to validate access to private areas on our site.
5. Contact Us: if you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with AASHTO, please contact David Dubov at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) maintains this AASHTO Network Services (the “Site”) for information, communication, and collaboration among AASHTO member agencies and private- and public-sector organizations. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, personal use only, provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the materials. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without AASHTO’s written permission.
Certain areas on the Site are password protected and intended for use by authorized individuals. Your access and use of the Site is also subject to the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement
Terms and Conditions
1. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site without the written permission of AASHTO. AASHTO neither warrants nor represents that your use of materials displayed on the Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with AASHTO.
2. While AASHTO uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site, AASHTO makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Some Electronic Books can only be accessed by agreeing to the terms and conditions of an Electronic Book License and payment of a license fee. AASHTO assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Site.
3. YOUR USE AND BROWSING OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. NEITHER AASHTO NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE IS LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, THE SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. PLEASE NOTE THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AASHTO ALSO ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE.
4. Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by AASHTO or its affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, AASHTO is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products using such information.
5. Images of people, places, and objects displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, AASHTO. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
AASHTO has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
6. Although AASHTO may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, AASHTO is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane materials or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. AASHTO may, without prior notice, remove any material, posting or transmittal that AASHTO, in its sole discretion, deems to be improper or unlawful. AASHTO will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing AASHTO to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
7. AASHTO may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
8. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE FOREGOING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE, PLEASE EXIT THE SITE IMMEDIATELY.